In August 2020, Bitcoin ABC executed two new releases of the Bitcoin ABC Bitcoin Cash node software, including our 0.22.0 release for the upcoming network upgrade. We announced our plan for the Nov 15th 2020 upgrade, which includes the ASERT Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm, and a new coinbase rule to provide reliable funding for Bitcoin Cash infrastructure.
We made 133 commits to our source code repository, produced new media and improved our user documentation.
Your feedback and thoughts are welcome any time. See our contact information at the end of this report.
What Bitcoin ABC Achieved in August 2020
- We released Bitcoin ABC 0.21.13.
- We released Bitcoin ABC 0.22.0.
- We produced the “BCH: Scaling the Globe” livestream, hosted at https://www.youtube.com/bitcoincashorg.
- We announced our plan for the Nov 15th 2020 upgrade, which includes the ASERT Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm, and a new coinbase rule to provide reliable funding for Bitcoin Cash infrastructure.
- We announced the Global Network Council, a new system of governance that invites key stakeholders to decide which Bitcoin Cash infrastructure projects should be funded.
- User documentation for RPC and man pages is now available from https://www.bitcoinabc.org/doc/.
- Lead Developer Amaury Séchet participated in the Binance Podcast.
See more details of the code improvements we’ve been working on at reviews.bitcoinabc.org.
Income and Expenditures
The income numbers include amounts received from fundraising donations, and ongoing sponsorship. We greatly appreciate all the contributions we received, which are enabling us to begin growing and building. Thank you!
Bitcoin ABC August 2020 Income
Bitcoin ABC August 2020 Expenditures
|Equipment and Infra||16.37092509|
The Bitcoin ABC Team
As of 31 August 2020, Bitcoin ABC includes a total of 7 people, as follows:
- 5 software developers
- 1 technical operations manager
- 1 content marketing manager
Previous Bitcoin ABC Transparency Reports
Please contact us any time with feedback and questions. We look forward to speaking with you.